Prague Christmas Markets
Prague Christmas Markets (Old Town Sq., Wenceslas Sq.) will be held from 30th November 2019 until 6th January 2020.
Come to Prague to visit one of the best Christmas Markets in the world. Hotels in Prague city centre.
Advent in Prague is tightly connected with Christmas markets. People promenading among the stalls, decorated Christmas trees glowing in the twilight and scent of mulled wine or mead create a festive Christmas ambience.
On Saturday evening, 30th November 2019, the Christmas tree will be ceremonially lit up. The largest Christmas markets in Prague can be found at Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. Smaller Christmas markets are held at the Republic Square, on Kampa Island, in front of St. George's Basilica at Prague Castle, in front of Church of St. Ludmila in Vinohrady.
When do Christmas Markets start in Prague? Opening Hours:
- Old Town Square (Staroměstské Náměstí): 30. November 2019 – 6. January 10:00 AM– 10:00 PM
- Wenceslas Square (Václavské námestí): 30. November 2019 – 6. January 10:00 AM– 10:00 PM
- Republic Square (Náměstí Republiky): 30. November 2019 - 30. December, 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Peace Square (Náměstí míru): 20. November 2019 - 24. December, 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Tyl's Square (Tylovo náměstí): 26. November 2019 - 24. December, 10:00 AM – 07:00 PM
- Prague Castle (Hradčany): 22. November 2019 - 6. January, 9:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Christmas Market in front of Church of St. Ludmila in Vinohrady Prague 2
Stalls are open daily from 10AM to 10PM, including Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, 26th December and New Year’s Day. You can visit Prague Christmas Market until 6th January 2020 when it would be closed.
Venders in wooden huts offers a wide selection of traditional Christmas goods and craft items, for example traditional decorated gingerbread, crèches, Christmas decorations and sweets, but also wooden toys, glass, ceramics or jewellery.
Besides shopping gifts, you can enjoy some of traditional Czech food. Try Prague ham roasted on a spit, however it is not very healthy, and wash it down with some Pilsner, it goes well with it. If you do not like meat, try roasted chestnuts. For a dessert taste the old Bohemian cookies - "trdelnik" (sugar coated pastry) or sugar almonds. You can observe right at the stalls, how the sweets are made.
Children can enjoy the stable with animals, for example sheep, donkey and goats or the Christmas workshop, where they can create their own Christmas decorations.
Daily performances of children's choirs, singing Christmas carols in the evening, make the Christmas feel complete.
CNN Travel today has ranked Prague’s Christmas markets in Old Town Sqaure and Wenceslas Squares among the 10 best in the world.
Book your stay in Prague and get the best rate available.
Book NOW on the official hotel's web and get 15% discount !
- Hotel Pav*** Prague centre
- 1 km from the biggest Prague Christmas Markets on Old Town Sq. and Wenceslaw Sq.
- 600 m from the Charles bridge
- Hotel Atlantic Prague Old Town***
- next to the shopping mall Palladium
- 800 m from the biggest Prague Christmas Markets on Old Town Sq. and Wenceslaw Sq.
- Hotel Anna in Prague Vinohrady***
- located in residential querter of Vinohrady near the city centre
- 200m from the local Christmas Market located in front of Church of St. Ludmila in Vinohrady Prague 2
- 1 km from the Wenceslas Square
- Best Western Premier hotel Essence****
- just next to the medieval Powder Tower and Art Nouveau Municipal House
- 600 m from the biggest Prague Christmas Markets on the Old Town Sq. and 400 m from the Wenceslas Sq.